Department: Door & Window Reports To: Vice-President – Door & Window
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Prepared By: Dan Maloy
Approved By: Prepared Date: October 24, 2005
Summary Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work, minor administrative detail and personal errands by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
2. Takes dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes on computer, or transcribes from voice recordings.
3. Composes routine correspondence.
4. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
5. Answers and screens manager's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
6. Coordinates manager's schedule and makes appointments.
7. Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
8. Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
9. Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
10.Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
11.Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials
12.Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
13.Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
14. Maintains division payroll corrections, checks timesheets for accuracy.
15. Maintains attendance policy points and procedures.
16..Other duties as assigned.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
· Ability to collect and research data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
· Responds promptly to Vice-President and customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Maintains confidentiality.
· Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
· Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Ability to understand business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
· Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
· Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
· Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
· Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
4. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
6. Ability to speak fluent Spanish a plus
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.